Static website - Static website is damn easy to create. It can create buy any unprofessional person who doesn't know much about programming and database designing. It is based on a fixed code on each page and the information it contains can't be changed.
Dynamic website - Static website has a stack of web pages whose content cannot be changed as per requirement. The dynamic website's content can be accessed via a database and content management system. Therefore, when the content of the database is updated, the content of the website it also altered.
Static versus Dynamic Website
- The static website is server-side scripting, and a dynamic website is based on client-side scripting technique.
- Dynamic web pages always show different content when viewed each time, where static web pages remain constant each time.
- Static websites cost is generally lower than a dynamic website.
- The main problem of the static website appears when you wish to update the content and you couldn't.
- Dynamic websites can be connected with a database which you can easily pull in information in an organised and structured manner to create categories of product pages, this facility is not available in static website creation.
- In Static website you cannot create a content management system as the database is not attached in it like dynamic ones.
- Dynamic websites advantage is that; it is more fixed than a static one because many of the web pages are essentially a template into which content and data have multiple pages of similar types.
- A static website is not scalable like dynamic websites; you cannot create so many pages in static websites like dynamic ones as it takes an immense amount of time, effort and it’s not at all cost-effective.